Upcoming CFG Events and News and Notes:
- CFG Member Weightlifting Clinic: Sunday May 21st @ 10am
- CFG Member Gymnastics Clinic: Sunday June 4th @10am
- Murph Day 2017
On Monday, May 29th from 8am to 1pm, we’ll be doing our annual Memorial Day “Murph” workout. This is a great community event where we perform this classic CrossFit benchmark workout followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. The workout is tough—very tough—but it can, of course, be scaled to meet everyone’s capacity.
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
2017 Murph Heat : SIGN UP HERE!
- To Make Better Decisions, Ask Yourself “What,” Not “Why” NY Mag
- What I Wish I Knew When I Started Athlete Daily
- (It’s Great to) Suck at Something NY Times
Two Sets NFT
Kneeling Paloff Press – 10 e/s
Bear Crawl – 20m
Goblet Squat Hold :30
Back Squat – In Five Sets Build to a Heavy-ish Double*
Take only two warm-up sets. Third set is first working set.
Back Squat – Take 85% (of above) x 2r x 3s
Pwr Snatch – EMOM x 10:00 (Build)
Four Sets NFT
30 Banded Leg Curls or 10 GHR
20m Heavy Sled Drag
:30 Heavy Wall Sit
100 Weighted Deadbugs NFT